Friday, March 6, 2009

mY JaCK iN tHe BOx!



Today, Papa went to buy a wagon for Jack to play with while at their house. He just wants to play outside the whole time we are there and when he goes out front, he RUNS!! And boy is he FAST!! So, Papa actually came home with this cool little car. It was perfect for Jack!! He LOVES buttons, horns, steering wheels and being pushed in anything!!! So he was in heaven!!! Plus...the box is almost cooler than the toy itself!! He kept turning in circles (thank you autism) super fast!! It was pretty cute! I love this boy!!




P.S. Yesterday we received a MIRACLE!! As you know, the state of AZ is having major issues with all these budget cuts. They did, in fact, cut ALL services for the early intervention programs for children who were "state only" services. We applied for AZ long term care for Jack, but knowing that he was so young (they almost NEVER approve kids under 3) he would most likely be denied. Well, I seriously almost didn't even try cause it turned out to be quite a hassle. I was gonna have to pay $35 to get his birth certificate for the application. I ordered it and it never came. Long term care called me cause the paper work was late and I explained to them that I was waiting for his birth certificate. She said that if he was born here then she could probably find it online. Well, she called me several times to make sure she had all his info right, cause she couldn't find him! Well, she finally found him and said the problem was he was listed as "female"!! (ok...so I seriously changed that in the hospital THREE times!! They kept calling him "Baby Girl Allen"...Just cause he has a TON of hair doesn't mean that he is a GIRL!!!)

Anyway, they came out and evaluated him and said he was probably too young, but they would still process the application. Well a month and a half went by and we heard NOTHING! So I asked my support coordinator and she said to assume he hasn't been approved. So on Wednesday, I got a letter from DDD saying they were discontinuing ALL his services effective March 13. I was pretty upset. His speech therapist (who is also Tyla's therapist) came that day too, and told me she was going to keep Jack on cause she didn't want him "to get lost in the shuffle" and she said that she has seen such an improvement in him and hated to loose that! She also said it's not about the money to her! So, of course I was extremely grateful to her!! Later in his session, he did something way cute and I said, "you're so cute Jack!" And Helen said, "That's why I'm keeping him!" My mom was here and we told him, "see Jack, you CAN get by on your good looks!" Plus he always gives her hugs and kisses...that always helps!:)

Then yesterday, I got "the call"!! AZ long term care called to say that Jack had been approved!! I couldn't believe it!! I still can't believe it!! I kept asking her, "so he is approved? You're telling me, that he gets to keep his services? He is APPROVED??!!" She said, "yes, we just have to finish processing the paper work, but it will be done today!!" That means Jack gets to keep ALL his services plus a few extra perks!! Everyone I have talked to, all his therapists included, were totally amazed! He doesn't even have an "official" diagnosis! I know a lot of other kids who had been denied when they were his age that had A LOT more issues than he does! Well, I KNOW this was the product of MANY, MANY prayers!! I am still upset about all the other kiddos and their families who haven't been as fortunate as us. A reporter from the AZ Republic wants to meet with me next week about all these horrible budget cuts. (well, I don't know if she still does now that Jack's services are still intact) But she just wanted to put "human faces to these cuts" I told her I would still be more than happy to help and offer pictures if she needs them. We shall see. But I KNOW Heavenly Father is looking out for our little Jackers!! Thanks for all your prayers!!

1 comment:

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Sorry to some of ya who's comments seem to be deleted...I don't know what's happening...I promise, it's not me! Sorry Shell!! (and anyone else for that matter)