Yes, my friends. This. Is. From. My. HEAD!! Monday when I was getting Jack ready for school, I was in a hurry (of course) and while I was on my way to get his shoes and jacket, my toe got stuck in the bottoms of my scrubs. I tried to recover. I tried so hard to NOT fall. As I was falling forward, I hit the rug in front of my door and it sent me flying into the wall!!Next thing I knew, Jack was sitting next to me. Grabbing my hand. Pulling me, saying "ma-nee get up!!" I couldn't move. I lied there moaning. A million things going through my mind. Jack nervous crying the whole time, "Ma-nee (mommy) get up! Ma-nee get up!"
When I finally could roll to my side, Jack laughed. Also nervously. I shook the dry wall off and pulled myself together and finished getting him ready for school. He got on the bus, but with a strange "are you sure you're going to be ok" look on his face. Poor buddy. I wished I knew what was going through his mind.
I called Matt. He didn't answer. I didn't know what to do. I texted him, "I need you!!!!" He called me back almost instantly! He was walking to his truck. A minute later and he wouldn't have been able to come home. They had one extra driver that was just waiting around. So he rushed home.
We went to the ER. I was so out of it! Nothing was "hurting" except my arm. Then the adrenaline wore off. And OH MY GOODNESS!! I hurt from HEAD (literally) to toe!!! They did a CT scan of my head and an x-ray of my elbow. Both came back normal. So we went home.
The next day, I couldn't even move!! My back, head, shoulder, arm you name it. It was in pain! I had to have Matt stay home, again. There was no way I was going to be able to function by myself! Wednesday came around, and I was able to move around..OK. Thursday came and my shoulder was still KILLING me! I couldn't even move it!! Well, so off to the Dr I went!!
Now, I get to go have more x-rays and an MRI of my shoulder done. She thinks I "may have" torn the cartilage in my rotater cuff! Awesome. I really hope it's not. If so, then that means ANOTHER surgery!! What an awesome story to tell. Honestly, WHO does this happen to? ME! That's who!!
No comments:
Post a Comment